Thursday, September 3, 2015

Bonita Cosmetics "Turq It!" Collection

Hello hello! 
Bit of a time since I last posted. I decided I would really only use this blog for when I needed to make longer posts, share more pictures, etc. I will still be posting each design on my Tumblr {link} and Instagram {link}


That said, if you couldn't tell by the title of this post I have swatches of a new collection from Bonita Cosmetics. This collection is called "Turq It!" and it has very summer-y colors in it, I loved them!

As per usual, I'm not 100% sure if this collection is in stores currently since I don't go to Rite Aid all that often but Bonita polishes are sold at MOST Rite Aid stores. 

So let's get into the polishes. There's six total in the collection and they are all creme polishes.

First up is Pretty in Pink!





So this is kind of a dusty Barbie pink. This polish applied so well! It was almost opaque in one coat but I applied two for the swatch to be sure. It's a bit darker on the nail than in the bottle but I thought it was very nice. 



I love these brush shots btw!

Next I have another pink, called Kissable Fairy.


I definitely liked this pink a lot more. It's just more me. It looks a bit peachy in the bottle but on the nail it looks more bubblegum pink. 

The formula of this polish was okay, it applied nice but was still a bit patchy on my middle and ring finger after two coats so I applied a third coat on those two nails.


Next I have Flower Child. This polish reminded me A LOT of Hostess with the Mostess, another polish from Bonita. (shown below)


and here's Flower Child:


This polish is definitely darker and more orange. It's kind of a dusty peach color, super pretty. It applied nicely but since it was still a tiny bit patchy on the second coat, I applied a third thin one. This polish dried super shiny though!


Next, we are out of the pinks with Honey Dew Your Thing.


As you can see, this is a quite bright green polish. Unfortunately as much as I loved the color (I love bright polishes!) this polish came with a few problems. I'm not sure if I got a bad bottle but the formula was pretty hard to work with. It was very thick and gooey. Not nice to work with at all. It's almost a jelly polish so it did take me three coats to reach this opacity and I did have to put top coat over this since it was SO uneven. 

Also, sadly I left this polish on overnight and it stained my nails pretty badly! :( So unfortunately, I don't think stained yellow nails are worth this color. Too bad!


Moving on, next I have Turq It! 


This is a nice teal polish. Not super new and innovative but this polish applied SOO nicely. Shown here is two easy coats. It's a nice color. 

I did keep this polish on for approx 2 hours and when I removed it, there was no staining. (only saying because usually teals like this tend to stain). Can't say for sure since it wasn't THAT long, but that was my experience. 


and lastly is Purr in Purple.

And of course this is a purple polish. Again, probably not new and innovative but this polish is very pretty and it applied very nicely. It was basically opaque in one coat but I added two to be sure.


So that's it! Like I said before, not sure if these are out now but they seem like summer colors to me, so maybe! 
and also as I said before, Bonita polishes are sold at most Rite Aid stores as well as online on their website.

These polishes are only $1.49 which I think is a great deal, even if you don't end up completely loving them.

Lastly, just wanted to let you know that Bonita is having a giveaway on their Instagram page, I'll leave a link to that {here}

Until next time, 
Celine


*These polishes were provided to me by Bonita. However, all opinions are my own and 100% honest.

3 comments: